Saturday, July 3, 2010

Reading! Writing! Moving!

I have finally decided what my personal summer goals are! I have been so wishy-washy these last few weeks that I haven't been able to focus worth beans. Here are my goals and the whys:

1. I will read at least 75, but hopefully 100 pgs. everyday. At the end of the summer, I will post the list of the books I have read (though word count can mean ANY reading). I created this goal because I feel my brain turn to mush over the course of the school year in a way that makes it too hard to read more than a book or so a month by the end...and I am tired of that! Also, because there are so many books out there right now that I have been itching to get my hands on!

2. I will type no less than 3 pages every day. This one is easy--because I love, love writing and no one else is writing a book for me (update to come at the end of summer as well).

3. Make another United Way movie. Among other things I will do this summer, I want to put into pictures and words just how valuable the United Way is to our community and make a great plea for more support--both through volunteering and donations.

3. I will move for an hour every day with my kids. Walk, run, swim, superclean, whatever. I need to be a better role model and I want to find the permanent space in my life once again for exercise. I will try to blog about my luck/success/failure/challenge with all of these.

*** The sum total of all four goals is 3-5 hours per day. The rest will be reserved for everyday things like sidewalk chalk masterpiece making, gossiping, dreaming, TV, making cookies and other fine pleasures.

No comments: